''Beautiful writing & images''
David is a writer, photographer and photo-guide living and working in the Scottish Highlands.
I work on stories about: the outdoors, landscape, environment, conservation, people and place.
I've previously been a sound engineer and community musician, started a small refugee charity and fundraised for an environmental one. I picked up the rudiments of photography from my step-father and learnt how to sleep outside as a boy scout. I now live in the Cairngorm National Park with my young family and split my time between the personal, editorial & commissioned work you find referenced here.
For commission and photography talks, please contact me.
For photography guiding and teaching, please look at the workshops page.
- Editor, Outdoor Enthusiast
- Columnist, Walk Highlands - upland environment, hill culture, photography.
- Feature writer, The Great Outdoors, Sidetracked, Summit & others - see tearsheets and features
- Copywriting/editing - various.
- Shortlist, National Adventure Awards - best team 2015
- Highly commended, Landscape category, Scottish Landscape Photographer of the year 2015
- Winner, OWPG Award for Excellence - technical feature 2015
- Shortlist, SHAFF single shot award 2015
- Winner, IUCN photography competition - Changing World 2014
- Shortlist, Scottish Nature Photography Awards - Environment 2013
- Winner, Edinburgh Mountain Festival Photography Award 2012
- Member of OWPG
Please note the copyright for images & text displayed on this and other websites are held by David Lintern & all rights are reserved. Use of words or photographs in web, electronic or print publication requires prior permission.
''A complete source of inspiration for all people who love nature''